University of Fort Hare (East London)
50 Church Street
043 704 7000
What You Need to Apply
- A Valid South African ID Document/Passport
- Valid Email Address
- Most Recent Grade 12/Report School Results
- Supporting Documents
How To Apply For Admission
Do you know what you want to study?
It is a good idea to have a career objective in mind, check the admission requirements of the various qualifications offered at the University of Fort Hare.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit your application form and all the necessary documentation including application fee before closing date.
2. An SMS will be sent to you informing you of the status of your application thereafter a letter of confirmation.
3. Current matriculants, who qualify based on their Grade 12 mid-term performance, are provisionally admitted pending the submission of their final matric results and subject to availability of space.
4. Successful applicants will receive an admission letter, together with a registration guide, which reflects the registration dates and orientation programme.
It is important to note that all applicants who wrote the National Senior Certificate (NSC) are required to write the National Benchmark test (NBT), before they are allowed to register for their 1st year at University. Read more about this compulsory test on www.nbt.ac.za
In which school-leaving category do you fall?
- National Senior Certificate (NSC)? The NSC is the new school-leaving qualification since 2009.
- Pre-2008 matriculation certificate? This is the old school-leaving qualification before 2009.
Admission Requirements: NSC applicants (since 2009)
The table below explains how well you will need to do in your school subjects in order to meet the minimum entry requirements for each qualification.
The University may add additional requirements for specific qualification programmes