The municipality of uMzinyathi is currently looking for an environmental health practitioner to undertake a broad range of environmental analysis and assessment functions for the purposes of environmental impact assessments and sustainability analysis. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Diploma (Preferred)
- EAP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Code 08 (Preferred)
- inspect, evaluate, identify, monitor and remedy all environmental health hazards and risks within UMzinyathi District Municipality.
- Monitor and control Environmental Pollution (Air, water. noise and Land).
- Inspect all waste generators and institute proper control measures.
- Monitor informal and formal food premises and other public premises.
- Investigate and control communicable diseases.
- Create community awareness and conduct Health education to the community on matters related to Environmental Health.
- Perform administration duties by collecting data, submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Provide law enforcement by implementing relevant National and Provincial legislation, Municipal by-laws and policies.
uMzinyathi District Municipality
R331 579 – R362 691 a year