We are relentless in the pursuit of a high-performance culture and strive to be a positive influence on the lives of our consumers, customers and the communities in which we operate. Twinsaver has a machine operator vacancy available for suitable candidates. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Educational Qualification: National Diploma Pulp & Paper or Chem. Eng.
- Overhead Crane Licence, Forklift/Clamp truck license
- Good communication skills (verbal & written); be a team player (be able to work with other people)
- 1 year in a paper manufacturing environment
- To efficiently control and run the plant (tissue machine and virgin stock prep) to produce the paper according to the quality specifications and standards laid down for the grade being produced.
- Monitors paper sheet properties and makes the necessary changes to ensure target values of the product specification are achieved; Samples and tests paper according to relevant quality testing procedures. Conduct visual inspection on all reels coming off the machine.
- Monitor pulp quality and make necessary changes for optimum machine runnability. Conduct pulp testing as per set SOP.
- Ensuring the maximum production is achieved at all times. Operating the plant (tissue machine and virgin stock prep) with the aid of the DCS while troubleshooting to prevent problems from re-occurring.
- Performs continuous improvement on the tissue paper properties and optimization of the machine settings to reduce energy and operating costs.
- Ensures correct chemical dosages are applied; ensures that machine water DAF units are checked and necessary changes made to correct quality.
R25 000 a month