A leading company in the manufacturing industry is looking for a storeman to administer and operate the organization’s warehouse, including processing, packaging, and storage of supplies, materials, and equipment. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with Maths
- Certificate in Logistics or Supply Chain (would be an advantage)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position in a Warehousing/Distribution/Supply Chain environment
- The minimum requirement is to be proficient at an intermediate level in Excel
- Proven ability to work efficiently within a Distribution Service environment and complete duties in an autonomous manner
- Commitment to excellence and timeliness in client service
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong and proven focus on business and process improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Able to adapt to change
- Lateral thinker & Problem Solver
- Accounts for all materials and supplies in the store’s facilities; audits goods received into the warehouse.
- Receipt, storage, and issue of materials, and related reporting in accordance with established procedures.
- Inventory control, Conduct cycle counting, full stock takes
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports (Stock control, Issues, and Analysing)
- Ensures the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, and maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment.
- General warehouse maintenance and housekeeping
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik EHS policy and any reasonable instruction, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe workplaces and eliminating environmental harm
R16 000 – R16 500 a month