Control room attendant: Fire fighter in training Control room up to Leading firefighter Control room.
Operating entity: Regional Operations & Asset Services – Sasolburg, Ekandustria and Germiston
Geographical area: Sasolburg, Free State
Role Category: Process Implementation
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Purpose of Job:
Support and maintain operational communications and support applicable legal requirements and processes of Emergency Management and Sasol’s strategic objectives.
- Handling of Fire, Explosions, Ambulance, releases and environmental emergency communications, for on- and off site.
- Ensure that all communication tools are functional. Continuous Alarm, telephone and radio testing.
- Ensure that emergency crews are always readily available for communication.
- To ensure the control room and all equipment in the control room are kept and maintained in a state of cleanliness.
Required outputs: Functional
- Call taking and dispatching the necessary resources immediately.
- Call out of standby personnel for emergency incidents when needed.
- Support Emergency Management Operations strategy and operating model.
- Completion of the occurrence book for emergency calls, Emergency Exercises, and for normal department activities.
- Ensure good record keeping and safe keeping of records.
- Ensure site compliance to relevant legislative standards, practices and certification.
- Completing handover and vehicle travel movement sheet for Emergency Management vehicles.
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates with disabilities
- Grade 12 (must).
- Basic life support qualification/BAA Registered with H.P.C.S.A or First aid level 3 (advantage).
- IFSAC Firefighter 1 & 2 (advantage).
- HAZMAT Awareness & Operations (advantage).
- Report writing (advantage).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Building partnerships and networking.
- Conflict Management.
- Applying relevant legislation, Company codes, standards and procedures.
- Mentally fit.
- Be able to work shifts and do standby/ shift cover as required.
- Listening skills.
- Sense of urgency and able to work under pressure.
- Assertiveness / Decisiveness Cooperativeness.
- Self-discipline & Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team Player.
- Strong customer centric orientation.
- Time management skills.
(Rank placement as per Sasol Career Guide)
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Closing date: 2 September 2022
You may also like to apply:
- Transnet: Fire Fighter Learnership 2022 / 2023
- Sekhukhune Municipality Vacancies: Fire Fighter X20
- Fire Fighter Learnership Programme 2022-2023