Pick n Pay has an exciting opportunity that exists at our provincial stores. We are looking for a Fresh Foods Specialists whose main responsibility will be to manage the Front of House and Service Standards of all Fresh departments. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Diploma in Hotel Management/ Hospitality or Restaurant management
- At least 6 years’ experience in a management position managing more than one department.
- Must have experience as a Food and Beverage Manager or Banqueting
- Cheffing background would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Fresh Food standards and Food Safety Standards
- Manage the performance of all specialists as well as restaurant management to ensure budgets, turnover, wastage, expenses are well controlled to optimize the profitability of the department
- Monitor results and ensure proactive action is taken
- Ensure all employees have the required competencies, identify skills gaps and arrange training to address skills gaps
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Chef & Restaurant Manager to ensure customer service and product excellence in all Fresh departments through ongoing communication
- Consolidate and respond to customer feedback to ensure customers are satisfied and operating standards are met.
- Ensure Food Safety & Hygiene standards are met, and that staff members wear the correct uniform
- Ensure presentations within the Fresh Food departments consistently meet the quality and food safety standards.
- Ensure An ongoing quality check conducted
- Regular tastings are done with Chefs.
- All tasting recorded
- Ensure correct packaging used and available at all times
- Monitor the stock takes schedules
Pick n Pay
R25 000 – R30 000