We are currently seeking experienced, proactive Packing Operators to join our production team in a variety of different areas but not limited to Bakery Manufacturing. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Grade 12/ matric/ equivalent is essential
- Any tertiary advantageous
- Valid Reach Truck Operator Licence (at all times) this may vary from operator to operator
- Minimum 1 years’ experience within a similar position
- Must good health for lifting and packing of boxes as well as standing for long periods
- Operate the packing machine to its optimal capacity to meet and/or exceed standard line rates.
- Change over from one product to another iro poly material to be done with precision.
- Keep to the production plan and make changes to have the correct poly for the relevant product.
- Setting up and calibration of metal detector.
- Select the correct program on the Loma bag check weigher for the relevant product.
- Calibrate Loma check weigher once per shift.
- Ensure that the Engineering department is aware of all breakdowns.
- Complete hourly weight check sheet and submit to Packing Supervisor.
- Ensure Ishida weight specification is set at the correct target weight and upper weight limit to meet “give away” specification.
- Address all out of specification incidents immediately ie example over/underweight bags, illegible date code printing, poor cross and back sealing.
- Ensure that a metal detector is operational at all times. No deviation is allowed.
- Maintain good housekeeping, safety and hygiene standards on shift at all times.
- Ensure all poly rolls are scanned in on SAP.
R15 000 a month