Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality has an Environmental Health Practitioner to undertake a broad range of environmental analysis and assessment functions for the purposes of environmental impact assessments and sustainability analysis. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- National Diploma in Environmental Health.
- Registration with the Health Professional Council of SA.
- Registered Peace Officer.
- A valid Code B/EB Driver’s Licence (the incumbent will be required to obtain a municipal driver’s license during the probationary period).
- Must be physically fit and able-bodied.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Sound working knowledge of the acts governing general food safety, noise pollution control, exhumation, and traditional circumcisions.
- Inspect, evaluate, identify, monitor and remedy all environmental health hazards and risks within Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality
- Monitor and control Environmental Pollution (Air, water. noise and Land).
- Inspect all waste generators and institute proper control measures.
- Monitor informal and formal food premises and other public premises.
- Investigate and control communicable diseases.
- Create community awareness and conduct Health education to the community on matters related to Environmental Health.
- Perform administration duties by collecting data, submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Provide law enforcement by implementing relevant National and Provincial legislation, Municipal by-laws and policies.
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality
R341 448 – R474 720 per annum