Moore Stephens is looking for a Supervisor in their Audit Division. Successful candidates will need to assist managers in handling a portfolio of audit and assurance clients. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Qualified or eligible to register as a CA (SA) or Accredited CTA/Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting or B Com Honours degree or Accredited B Com degree
- Graduate qualification (M + 3) with strong accounting or auditing background
- Must have initiated towards a CIA Certificate or equivalent
- 5 years of Internal Audit experience with in-depth knowledge of internal audit processes
- Train and assist auditors during the audits as well as in the development of their audit skills to raise the standard of work performed and ensure that audit staff has adequate knowledge for the work to which they will be assigned.
- Prepare the Audit Objective and the Scope of Work to define the area to be reviewed during the audit.
- Plan single audit steps to ensure that all areas defined in the scope are adequately reviewed during the audit or investigation.
- Analyze and evaluate the operations in all Departments according to the audit subject determining inefficiencies and processes which can be improved.
- Make recommendations where control deficiencies, system effectiveness, profit improvement or cost reduction opportunities are noted to assist in the profit improvement of the company.
- Prepare draft reports and obtain written acceptance from the Auditee Management to confirm that all findings reported are valid and supported by user areas
- Prepare and file working papers and supporting documents to secure audit evidence.
- Perform follow-up audits on findings as authorized by the Manager Internal Audit to ensure all actions reported in reports and investigations have been implemented.
R20 000 – R40 000