Maersk South Africa currently has a vacancy for a Yard Supervisor within its Port Elizabeth entity in South Africa, He/she will primarily be responsible for container storage, container movement, container repair, and container cooling and heating. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- At least 2 -3 years’ experience in logistics or yard industry.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactive, problem solver.
- Assertive and innovative skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal with people on all levels.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Collaborate with other staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, pertaining to Longstanding.
- Ensure that all Containers over 90 days have a storyline and are prioritized through the repair cycle.
- Strive to achieve OOS targets.
- Ensure that all customer container requirements are met.
- Customer reporting to be sent as per SOP.
- Ensure that all evacuation is planned in accordance with customer requirements.
- Wash bay to present 250 containers weekly in season.
- Drive HSSE accountability ensuring that staff fully understand their roles and responsibilities to HSSE.
R11 000 – R 15 000 per Month