A great opportunity for a logistics controller has arisen for individuals who want to learn and grow with the transport business and make a positive contribution to the team’s success. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience in Procurement, Distribution, production or warehousing environment.
- Computer literate on Microsoft Excel and Word which is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of Syspro would be an advantage.
- Knowledgeable of all Acts i.e. hazardous, chemicals, road transportation, etc.
- Excellent client service level skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to retail stock requests from agents.
- Ordering of stock from suppliers.
- Arranging transport for orders.
- Expediting and communication of requests (orders) with agents.
- Managing forecasts and stock levels at Paarl warehouse and agent’s warehouses.
- Perform relief support for other members of the department.
- Participating in stock take processes.
- Ad hoc duties.
- Assistant to Warehouse Coordinator.
- Filing, scanning, and email of paperwork.
- Adhere to all internal control policies of the company.
- To comply with all requirements of ISO 9002 standards.
- Uphold and work according to all internal and external safety guidelines.
- Comply with all Safety, Health and Environmental standards within the Group.
- Monitor and control stock list for Paarl warehouse.
- Co-ordinate the movement of products as requested.
- Manage stock according to FIFO principles, with special attention paid to product expiry dates.