The university of Johannesburg in Waterfall has lecturer vacancies in the Social Sciences Department. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- South African 5 or 4-year law degree (B.Proc and/or LLB).
- Having been admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa and/or
- Having been admitted as an advocate of the High Court of South Africa and
- Having successfully completed pupillage by the incumbent is preferable.
- Lecture financial management at an undergraduate and/or postgraduate level, which includes lecturing modules in finance, cost and management accounting, strategy as well as finance-related case studies.
- Set tests, assignments and examination papers.
- Encourage students’ personal development through consultation and tutorials.
- Invigilate tests and examinations.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings.
- Contribute to the general administration of the department and the college.
- Attend and speak at conferences and seminars.
- Write research proposals and conduct research in order to produce at least one accredited research output per year.
- Be involved with professional, national and international bodies/boards that are related to his/her discipline.
- Participate in community engagement.
University of Johannesburg