Posted on September 4, 2022 by
IEC Internship Opportunity
Location: Centurion, Gauteng
Closing Date: 14 September 2022
LABOUR RELATIONS: Corporate Services
National Office (Centurion)
Twenty-Four Months (24) contract at R8,711.91 per month
If you are looking to start your labour relations career in a pre-eminent election management body, then this might just be the role for you. We are currently looking for an intern to join our Labour Relations team.
The Intern: Labour Relations will be trained, exposed to and assist in the implementation of all Labour Relations initiatives/interventions. This will ensure consistent, fair labour practices and compliance with labour legislation to foster labour peace in the workplace. The Intern will report to the Deputy Manager: Labour Relations.
Key performance areas: A 24-month internship programme designed to provide recently qualified graduates with a unique opportunity to gain valuable skills in a supportive environment, learning on-the-job and work experience.
Exposure and training will be provided in the following areas where assistance is required:
- Provide Labour Relations support/initiatives & interventions.
- Promote and maintain sound employer and employee relations in line with statutory requirements and best practice.
- Facilitate the management of discipline, grievances, incapacity and dispute resolution.
- Assist with capacity building of line management and employees on labour relations and relative labour related legislation.
- Ensure, monitor and verify compliance with labour law.
- Foster constructive relations with trade union/s.
- Assist with other labour related initiatives.
Assist with the following general administrative duties
- Minute taking, report writing, preparing presentations, routine enquiries.
- Compiling, distributing documents/packages to stakeholders and such tasks as required by supervisor.
- Maintaining the filing system for the section.
- Maintaining incoming and outgoing correspondence of the section
- Coordinating meetings.
- Basic requirements
- Matric and a recognised 3-year tertiary Degree or National Diploma from an accredited tertiary institution in one of these fields: Labour Relations/ Human Resource Management.
- It is preferred for the candidate to be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally.
- Computer literate, familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to learn to work with new software and applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of Labour Laws.
- Ability to research and implement best practices.
- Understanding of basic disciplinary and grievance processes.
The ideal candidate must have the following attributes
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team under supervision.
- Good time management.
- Confident in engaging with other role-players.
- Dedication to the tasks at hand and willingness to work long hours, including weekends, when needed.
- Service driven.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Applications must be accompanied by a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae as well as certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents. Failure to attach the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates and interviews will be conducted on a date and time specified by the Interview panel.The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position after advertising it and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post. Although advertised, a position may be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery. NB! Applicants must be 35 years of age or below and must not have been an intern or worked in their field of study before to qualify for this programme. Applicants will be subjected to a risk assessment. Closing date for all applications: 14 September 2022. Please take note that no applications received after the advertised closing date will be considered. “Applicants who have not been contacted by 30 September 2022 must consider their applications as not being successful”.
APPLY FOR LEARNERSHIPS