Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A General Worker supports the Refurbishment team by providing effective equipment maintenance, welding related assistance and fitting or electrical assistance while adhering to procedures/codes, and utilising all available support resources to increase stability and maintain sustainability of equipment.
- Responsible for welding of Mining equipment using flux core method and other welding processes.
- Responsible for safe operation of welding equipment.
- Cut material and pre-heat using oxy-fuel gas cutting equipment while complying to the gas safety rules.
- Assist with operation of overhead crane and lifting equipment according to safe working procedures.
- Complete job specific task and checklist accurately.
- Visual inspection of working environment ensuring safety standards are adhered to and reporting any unsafe conditions to Superior.
- Application of job specific SOP’s and COP’s to ensure housekeeping standards are upheld.
- Function efficiently and effectively as part of a team to work towards achieving Team Goals.
- Report all task activities.
- Hazard identification/task risk assessments.
- Participates in daily morning meetings to discuss work assignments.
- Support the goals and vision of the business by meeting deadlines.
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to Suitable Candidates from Designated Groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Grade 12/N3/NCV Level 4 with Maths & Science.
- Able to obtain a Medical certificate of fitness.
- First Aid Certificate.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- 12 months welding experience.
- Ability to use an angle-grinder safely.
- Ability to operate a cutting torch.
- Knowledge of underground machinery (Shuttle Car, Roofbolter, Crushers, Feeder/Feeder breaker).
- Ability to use MIG welding equipment (Wish).
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- SELF-MASTERY – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Functional / Technical:
Knowledge and skills of the following:
- Safety procedures.
- Emergency preparedness.
- SOP’s & COP’s.
- Mine Health & safety Act.
- Interpret written information & works instructions.
Apply Online for the General Workers Jobs at SASOL, Mpumalanga
Closing Date: 21 September 2022
You may also like to apply:
- SASOL: Fire Fighter
- SASOL: Learnership
- Sasol: Process Artisan