The Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development through its Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) is recruiting 2500 unemployed youth participants in Gauteng Province for the 2022 – 2025 financial year to be placed in the National Youth Service (NYS) Programme.
The National Youth Service (NYS) intake will include 60% Females, 40% males, 2% Persons with Disabilities (PWDS) and 100% Historically Disadvantaged individuals (HDs)
Requirements for the NYS
- Youth between 18 to 33 years (participants must be below the age of 35 for the duration of the 24 month contract period.
- Should have passed Grade 10 and above
- Should have a valid South African Identity Document
- Should be available for the duration of the programme and prepared to sign a contract
- This programme is recruiting youth who reside in the five corridors (regions) of Gauteng Province only (City of Johannesburg; City of Tshwane; City of Ekurhuleni; Sedibeng and West Rand Districts)
- Should reside in the vicinity of the project site
- Should have no criminal record
The following NYS Work Experience Opportunities are available:
Technical Trades – Ref No: 2022/01
- Boiler Assistants.
- Fitting and Turning.
- Aircon and Refrigeration.
Administration – Ref No: 2022/02
- Data Capturing.
- Human Resources.
- Asset Management.
- Pharmacy Assistants.
- Information Technology.
- Graphic Design.
General Workers – Ref No: 2022/03
- Queue Marshall.
- Food Service Aid.
Property Management – Ref No: 2022/04
- Data Capturing.
NB: Successful candidates will receive a stipend of R3500 per month for 24 months. Contracts will not be extended after 24 months from the start of the programme. The following documents should be accompanied by the New Z83 Application Form.
Please quote the relevant reference number and the NYS programme area i.e. Administration – Ref No: 2022/02, Information Technology:
Comprehensive CV with certified original copied of qualifications. Copy of ID Certified should not be older than 6 months
Candidate who have previously participated in the NYS Programme will not be considered
If you do not hear from us within 6 months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants for the National Youth Service Work Experience Opportunities must be hand delivered to the closest department of Infrastructure Development:
- Central Corridor / City of Johannesburg
11 Diagonal Street, Ground Floor, Marshaltown
- Northern Corridor / City of Tshwane
Corner S1 Bloed Street & Sophie De Bruin Street, Pretoria Onsite Construction Contact Centre Office, Ground Floor
- Eastern Corridor / City of Ekurhuleni
72 Main Avenue, Springs Central, Ground Floor
- Western Corridor / West Rand
72 Whitehall Street, Hurst Hill, Brixton, Ground Floor
- Southern Corridor / South Rand
A1 Bleskbok Leeuhof, Vereeniging, EPWP Office, Ground Floor
CLOSING DATE: 02 SEPTEMBER 2022 at 16h00
ENQUIRIES: Ouma Sipoya: 076 510 7033 or Harvey Sambo 076 945 9724
DOWNLOAD THE NEW Z83 APPLICATION FORM HERE
You may also like to apply:
- AIRLINK: Cleaner 2023
- Transnet: Fire Fighter Learnership 2022 / 2023
- Higher Education and Training: Cleaner (X11 Posts)