A position for a Fire Fighter has arisen in the Graskop district. The successful incumbent will be responsible to manage subordinates and resources at multiple emergency service fire stations in an assigned geographical area. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Diploma (NQF6) in Fire Technology
- Grade 12
- Emergency Care (First Aid) level 3 or Basic Ambulance Assistance certificate.
- 5 Years’ minimum experience in Emergency Services environment.
- Hazmat Response Technician (IFSAC/ SAESI Accreditation)
- Be in possession of a valid driver licence (minimum C1) with PDP and be in a position to drive such a vehicle
- Maintain operational readiness including vehicles, equipment and infrastructure
- Operate Fire Fighting and Rescue Equipment and Tools.
- Ensure understanding of vehicles and/or equipment.
- Conduct routine inspections, maintenance and report defects.
- Adhere to statutory regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, operational standards, Client policies and
- procedures and Service Level Agreements to ensure business continuity.
- Activate and respond to all relevant incidents and accidents within the area of jurisdiction, the scope of training and expertise.
- Conduct emergency standbys to prevent incidents and accidents.
- Analyze, monitor, identify, mitigate and report areas of non-compliance.
- Conduct Runway, Taxi-way and Apron inspections and patrols to reduce potential hazards, notify ATC and take remedial action if necessary.
- Build, support and maintain healthy diverse internal and external relationships.
- Maintain a level of physical fitness.
R331 579 a year