Company looking for a Bookkeeper that currently works or has worked for an Accounting and Audit practice with experience on Pastel Accounting Software, Caseware and or Draftworx. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Has about 5 years of experience in a similar practice
- Has a good working knowledge of Pastel 14 or higher;
- Manages SARS VAT Reviews and VAT Audits;
- Is proficient in Excel;
- Has a good telephone manner;
- Has good spoken and written communication skills to interact with clients and client suppliers;
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural open-plan environment;
- Are target and deadline-driven
Duties & Responsibilities
accounting/ bookkeeping/ payroll on various software packages
– Preparation of trial balance including of verification of all control accounts
– VAT, UIF, PAYE, all other statutory returns
– Income Tax calculations & returns
– assisting with workload distribution to junior team
– managing deadlines
COMPETENCIES OF THE JOB
- Methodical way of performing duties and ability to prioritize work in meeting deadlines.
- A high degree of numeracy, accuracy and analytical ability to identify trends.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail to ensure the omission of errors and mistakes are corrected.
R14 000 – R16 000 a month