Anglo American has an exciting opportunity for a SHE Risk Practitioner who will be accountable and responsible for the coordination and conducting of SHE Risk Assessments at the operation as well as the required reporting on these activities at the operation. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- National Diploma in either Safety, Occupational Health & Environment or Higher
- Risk/hazard/legislative/assurance/audit qualifications to be included
- Degree or Manager’s Certificate of Competence
- Registration with professional bodies on OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 or ISO 9001, IOSM, etc.
- Courses in management systems (9001, 14001, 18001) would be advantageous
- 5-7 years of operational experience in Mining, Process or Engineering.
- Safety, Occupational Health & Hygiene, Environmental Management
- Presentation / facilitation / Training
- Plan, Implement and coordinate the horizontal implementation of Integrated Risk Management to all aspects of the operations risk profile – SHE, finance, engineering, human resources, mining/production, etc
- Implement and coordinate the application of the AA PLC ORMP four layers of risk management at the operation
- Implement and Execute against the SHE Risk & Assurance supporting Processes, Systems and Standards and procedures
- Implement and maintain an Operational Risk Register as well as Catastrophic Risk Profile in line with the Group Format, its Risk Profiles, and targets
- Plan and Implement an Annual Operational Risk Assessment and Revision Program.
- Advice the operation on the required skills development plan and program required to enhance the skills and competencies of employees and contractors to achieve excellence in Risk Assessment