Allan Gray is looking for an Internal Auditor,the candidate will be responsible for assisting the Head of Internal Audit in executing internal audit activities. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Minimum 2-3 internal audit experience gained in the financial services industry. (non-negotiable)
- Asset Management or Life Product Administration experience would be an advantage – (negotiable).
- CIA, CA(SA), CISA qualified (newly qualified or equivalent qualification)
- Conducting a preliminary survey of the area and processes under review and obtaining detailed knowledge of the processes, in order to establish the scope of the audit.
- Reviewing company business processes, procedures and systems; and identifying risks and control weaknesses/deficiencies.
- Developing an audit program and performing substantive testing to assess compliance with established internal control procedures and legislation where applicable by examining records, reports, operating practices, documentation etc.
- Making pragmatic recommendations for control improvement on the systems and procedures being reviewed and reporting on these findings and recommendations after discussing with management.
- Monitoring and evaluating management’s response and implementation of corrective actions taken to address control weaknesses identified.
- Carrying out debriefs with Head of Internal Audit and/or auditee managers to communicate the results of the internal audit reviews.
- Documenting the work performed during the audit and findings in the detailed audit working papers and files.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by engaging in continuous professional development.
R500 000 a year